Chronicle of our house
The Pilgramhof is in the fortunate position, as it was a Meierhof to the Dürnstein castle, that the house chronicle has been recorded and provable since the 14th century.
From our knowledge of the general history of settlement, we can assume that the settlement of Pichling was established in the 11th century at the latest, but possibly earlier.
The settlement of Pichling consisted of three farms, namely one farm and two farmsteads.
Pichling, which belonged to Carinthia until 1122 and only became Styrian in 1122, was taken over by Styrian market counts from the Carinthian dukes of the House of Eppenstein and has since then been in the area of the parish of Friesach, which extends to the Olsaklamm in Einöd.
In 1337, the Pilgramhof in Pichling is mentioned explicitly and by name for the first time in the Urbar (revenue), which the Counts of Liechtenstein had created, although not yet with the current farm name. It is listed as “Hoff zu Puchlarn” and “Hoff underm dem Haws”, i.e. the Meierhof below Dürnstein Castle, without the name of a farmer living there. For this and other reasons, we can conclude that today’s Pilgramhof was not really a farm at that time, and probably not since its foundation, but a farmstead managed directly from the Dürnstein dominion.
In 1497 the farmer Pilgreim and then Pilgram became the owner of the Pilgramhof and the farm name has remained attached to the property as a house name since that time, already with the current name “Pilgram”.
In 1836, after the death of her husband, Magdalena Wildhaber married Vinzenz Feil from Friesach, who was a great-grandson of Simon Pilgram. Then the son Thomas Kurz-Feil got it, in 1922 he gave half the property to his grandson Johann Haas. Only after his death did he receive the entire property. In 1970 Johann Haas handed over the property to Gottfried Haas, and since 1988 the Pilgramhof has been managed by Günther Haas.
After completing his agricultural and forestry training in 2013, son Alexander is already working on the farm.
The second son, Michael, is studying mechanical engineering in Graz.
As a result, the Pilgramhof has been in the family since the first owner, “Pilgram”, until today.
In the 1950s, the quiet and sunny single farm was converted into a guesthouse. It was the first guesthouse with hot and cold running water in the rooms.
As the “icing on the cake” of family-friendly recreation, the unique bathing pond of the traditional farm was also built at that time.
Further expansion took place in 2009/10 in the cellar, with a wine cellar and a wellness area.
In 2010 the 1st organic laying hen house was built and in 2016 the 2nd organic laying hen house.
Energy: In 2013, a 24 kW photovoltaic system was built on the roof of the barn and in 2014 we revitalised the hydroelectric power plant, which has existed since 1918, with the HTL-Lastenstrasse 1 in Klagenfurt.
The traditional, full-time organic farm is managed by Günther and Anita Haas.